Delilah Lookout, elevation 5,176, is approximately 45 miles east of Fresno California in the Southern Sierras. Delilah was established in 1916 as a site for fire detection. It has seen several incarnations including a 50 foot metal tower with live-in cab constructed by the Civilian Conservation Corps in 1937. In 1960 this structure was replaced with a 70 foot tall metal tower from Lemoore NAS. The lookout was staffed yearly, funded by both California State and the Forest Service until 1992. Since then it has been staffed during extreme fire danger and as the Forest Service budget allowed. The Buck Rock Foundation Volunteer Lookout Program expects to staff Delilah with volunteers for as many days possible beginning fire season 2005. If it is staffed, the lookout will be open to the public from 9:30 am to 6:00 pm.