Auburn City Hall and Fire House
ADA Accessibility Notes
The Placer County Visitors Bureau/California Welcome Center is located in the historic Auburn City Hall and Fire House.
This distinct Art Moderne style building was constructed in 1935 to 1937 as a WPA project. It was designed by California's first state architect, George Clinton Sellon. While the façade maintains its original integrity, the inside has been totally remodeled.
The old bay for fire trucks now houses the Placer County Visitors Bureau and California Welcome Center. The former City Hall portion of the building now houses the Auburn Chamber of Commerce.
The building is located in Auburn's historic Downtown district in Central Square.
The Welcome Center provides advice on all aspects of tourism in Placer County including Walking Tour brochures for both Old Town Auburn and Historic Downtown Auburn.
This building is now on the National Register of Historic Places, # 11000935
Time Period Represented
1935 to present
9:30 am to 4:30 pm